– 1/3 of children and adolescents in the U.S are obese due to poor Nutrition and Wellness.
– 60% of children across the United States spend 8-10 hours daily in programs and many without access to healthy food.
– There is no united policy for Early Learning programs to follow governing the activities and nutrition of children, promoting healthy lifestyle.
– Shaping food selections and eating habits of young children in Early Learning environments by supplying made-from-scratch meals to Early Learning programs.
– Connecting the Early Child Care community in wellness-related activities through a mentorship program that offers training hours related to nutrition and wellness of young children.
WHAT MAKES US A GOOD FIT?
- We utilize the United States Department of Agriculture suggested food guide, My Plate, that suggests children be served fruits, veggies, protein, and grains.
- We partner with local non-profit organizations and educate students, early learning communities, and parents, on the importance of preventing children from experiencing health-related problems due to poor eating habits and unhealthy food consumption.
- We change our menus to expand your children’s palates and overall food experience.
- We make your program’s food prep convenient, children healthier and community more sustainable!